- Nomad Games
“It is the Frostmarch, brought here across the northern waters by the Ice Queen. Armed with the Crown of Command, she is transforming the realm into a desolate, frozen wasteland. Can you overcome the raging storms and strange creatures that inhabit this bitter land? Will your blood freeze when you behold the Ice Queen’s cold, cruel gaze?”
The Frostmarch brings all new adventures to the land of Talisman. Introducing new Craft-focused enemies to challenge you, new characters to play and Warlock quests to complete, it’s time for your final showdown with the Ice Queen.
If one thing can get you through the Frostmarch and power towards the Crown of Command, it’s the luck of the Leprechaun. When playing as the Leprechaun:
- You begin the game with 2 Spells.
- You need not roll the die if you land on the Woods.
- Whenever you land on the Woods you may gain 3 gold.
- Whenever you roll a 6 you may teleport to any other space in the same region.
Skilled in the arts of magic, the Necromancer has the ability to gain Spirits as Followers. Although the Spirits must leave after a battle, the bonus Craft they offer will undoubtedly help in the fight against the Ice Queen. When playing as the Necromancer:
- Begin the game with 2 Spells.
- When attacking other characters, you may choose to make the attack Psychic Combat.
- Spirits will not attack you, but you can attack them.
- If you do not attack a Spirit you may enthral it if your Craft is higher than the Spirit’s. The Spirit will join you as a Follower and adds its Craft to yours in Psychic Combat.
The Warlock can earn a great deal from completing Warlock Quests. Whilst others find themselves searching for Weapons and Objects, he’s able to gain these through Quest Rewards alongside gaining invaluable Craft and Strength. When playing as the Warlock:
- You begin the game with 2 Spells.
- At the start of your turn, you may gain your full complements of Spells, according to your current Craft.
- Whenever you complete a Warlock’s Quest, you may take one card of your choice from the purchase deck for free instead of gaining a Talisman as your reward.
The Ice Queen has brought strong Monsters with her from the North. Creatures which have never before been encountered in the land. If he defeats these Monsters, the Ogre Chieftain can gain them as Followers to help him fight the Frostmarch. When playing as the Ogre Chieftain:
- Monsters will not attack you, although you can choose to attack them.
- When you defeat a Monster in Battle you may dominate it and keep it as a Follower instead of a trophy. The monster adds its Strength to yours in Battle but must be added to the discard pile. You can use any number of dominated monsters during battle.
Crown and Sceptre
Similar to the classic Talisman endling, when a character arrives at the Crown of Command they must roll the Command Spell. However, other characters are unable to heal while there is a player on the Crown of Command. If all characters die, the character on the Crown wins.
Amid the battle with the Ice Queen, the Warlock requires you to complete more quests to prove you are truly worthy of the Crown of Command. Complete four of the Warlocks Quests before climbing the tower to the Crown of Command and stop the Ice Queen from ruling, winning the game.
Prepare yourself for an epic battle against the Ice Queen herself. As you approach the Ice Queen you can choose to confront her in Battle or fight using Psychic Combat. Each time the Ice Queen is defeated you can remove one of the Ice Queen’s lives. If you’re defeated, you must roll the die to determine your fate.
The first player to remove all of the Queen’s lives wins, but if she’s left alone on the Crown of Command all of her lives will return.
- 84 Adventure Cards
- 20 Spell Cards
- 24 Warlock Quest Cards
- 3 Alternative Ending Cards
“Brace yourself against the onslaught of the Frostmarch!”